Sunday 28 September 2008

Wonders of the web!

The last few days have had an Autumnal nip in the air and a couple of mornings have been misty. It has taken the sun quite a long while to finally break through and for the clear blue skies to appear. We have a monkey puzzle tree in the garden and Friday morning it was festooned with an amazing array of spiders webs. The mist hung in the air and the light had that slightly grey tone like the Eastman colour of the old Clint Eastwood movies. There was quite a heavy dew and the dampness was clinging to the webs like tiny crystal beads giving the tree a bejewelled appearance that was really pretty!

Buying, sorting, washing!

The change of season prompted me to put on an 'end of summer sale' on the website so I can make way for the new vintage stock that I have been busy sorting and buying. I have also been taking advantage of the recent warm, late summer days to try to get some of my stock of silk scarves hand washed ready to photograph and list when the website sale ends. As you can see there are still lots more to do!

Pottering about outdoors.....

I find it really hard to stay indoors and work on the computer when the sun is shining and now I can feel summer slipping away, each bright day seems more and more precious. I sit out on one of the benches as often as I can for lunch or mid afternoon tea. In order to be industrious and outside rather than indoors, I have had a bit of a tidy up in the garden as some areas were looking lack lustre. I have a very shady corner that I have cleared and dug over as nothing was really growing there except a hardy fuchsia. Now I need a couple of interesting smallish shrubs or herbaceous perennials that will do well in the shade to fill in the gaps. Suggestions welcome :-)
I also planted up an empty pot with this hardy Chrysanthemum so I have something colourful to look at when everything else has died back....

It should look quite cheerful when the buds come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment